Islington Mill Art Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do I produce art?

3 posters

Go down

Why do I produce art? Empty Why do I produce art?

Post  Maria Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Because I enjoy the process of creating something.

Maria

Back to top Go down

Why do I produce art? Empty Re: Why do I produce art?

Post  Laura Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:09 am

I love creating things but I think I also make art to communicate with other people, and to get things out into the world that make sense in my head.. and probably a lot of other reasons that i am still trying to work out, i'll try to make a list!

Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Maria Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:32 am

Laura wrote:I love creating things but I think I also make art to communicate with other people, and to get things out into the world that make sense in my head.. and probably a lot of other reasons that i am still trying to work out, i'll try to make a list!

hm communication. I never know what I am trying to communicate. Do you think about that you are trying to say or do you just say something then whetever that is gets communicated?

Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:32 pm

I suppose sometimes I get lost in my own thoughts and it allows me to look outside of myself. I feel that when I create art I have a purpose and it brings clarity to me as i need to externalise my thoughts. Its the only time I really feel able to express myself effectively. Art is an opportunity to express the things which are important to me and which can't be expressed in other ways. It doesnt matter to me whether anyone understands these things or not, but I feel its important to try to express them anyway. Once the art is created people can interpret it however they want. Whether they liked the work or not, i still felt it was neccessary to create it, and i don't see that it needs any purpose outside of that.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Maria Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:52 am

I was thinking about this and thinking about the drawings and how they preceded writing as a form of expression. I suppose language is not enough.

Maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum